Garden Court North Chambers specialises in family and child law and cases concerning violence and discrimination against women, particularly with an international, human rights or immigration law dimension. This is an area of growing significance, as demonstrated by developments such as a Protocol on communications between the family court and immigration tribunal, FGM Protection Orders, and Forced Marriage Protection Orders (FMPOs).
We offer advice and representation in:
- Asylum, immigration, EEA and nationality cases involving children;
- Cases involving forced marriage, trafficking, FGM/C;
- International child abduction, including urgent injunction applications;
- Transnational jurisdiction in family cases and international relocation of children;
- Wardship cases concerning travel to Syria;
- Adoption and surrogacy including international cases;
- Concurrent family and immigration proceedings, eg applications for child arrangements orders concurrent with applications for leave to remain based on family life;
- Concurrent family and criminal proceedings;
- General public law (judicial review) and human rights law cases involving children;
- Private law family proceedings encompassing child arrangements (previously known as residence and contact), divorce, financial provision, prenuptial agreements, domestic violence and occupation of the family home; and
- Public children law: care orders, supervision orders, emergency protection orders, wardship.
We are able to provide urgent advice and deal with urgent applications.
Several members of Chambers are available for Public Access work in family law matters.
We can also provide seminars and training for legal and child care professionals as well as expert reports and consultancy to third parties. We are also contributing to research in relation to UK compliance with CEDAW (Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination Against Women).
Although Chambers is in Manchester, we frequently travel to courts across England and Wales. If you would like to know more about our family law work please contact the Practice Management Team on 0161 817 6377 or at email@example.com.