Fees Manager / Assistant
Garden Court North Chambers is an award-winning and expanding Barristers Chambers, specialising in crime, housing, immigration, inquests and inquiries and public law with a strong commitment to human rights and civil liberties.
Chambers seeks to recruit to two posts that will be responsible for all tasks in relation to fee and debt collection to join our experienced and highly skilled Practice Management Team. Chambers will consider appointing two Fees Managers or, alternatively, a Fees Manager and a Fees Assistant, depending upon the experience of applicants.
- Aged debt fee chasing for Chambers and individual barrister members
- Identify, target and pursue bad debts whilst maintaining relationships with solicitors
- Generate reminder fee notes and letters on a daily basis
- Deal with payments on accounts and DTJ’s
- Operating and monitoring CCMS system which includes: submission of final bills, payments on account, and monitoring cost assignment
- Bill cases, as necessary
Person specification (desirable):
- Previous experience within a barrister’s chambers or other legal organisation
- Meridian Law Connected computer experience or similar professional software
- An understanding of Barrister Aged Debt reports and fee chasing cycles
- Experience of using CCMS for processing civil legal aid on-line
- Knowledge of civil and magistrates’ fees billing including private and legal aid funding
A high level of numeracy and attention to detail are essential, as are: a confident, polite communication style; strong IT skills; experience of administrative work and the ability to manage your own workload.
Chambers occupies modern spacious premises in Blackfriars House, a beautiful 1920’s building in the heart of Manchester. We enjoy free use of the Blackfriars House café/lounge and architecturally designed rooftop garden with panoramic views.
We offer excellent working conditions in a friendly environment; training opportunities; a contributory pension scheme; and 25 days’ paid annual holiday in addition to statutory bank holidays and any non-bank holiday weekdays over Christmas when Chambers is closed.
Full time hours of work are 9am to 6pm Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5.30pm Friday. Part-time and/or flexible working arrangements will be considered.
Chambers operates an equal opportunities policy and is happy to make reasonable adjustments to enable disabled candidates to demonstrate their suitability for the above position.