Anna Morris KC will join a panel of expert legal practitioners to give an introduction to Legal Aid.
Young Legal Aid Lawyers (YLAL) is organising this virtual event for law students and anyone who wants to better understand practicing as a Legal Aid lawyer.
There will be an introduction from Sir Robin Knowles CBE – Judge of the High Court of England & Wales.
The discussion will be chaired by Laura Janes, founder of YLAL and consultant solicitor at Scott-Moncrieff and Associates and GT Stewart Solicitors.
With the panel comprising:
- Ife Thompson, 1MCB Chambers and founder of BLAM UK and Black Protest Legal Support UK
- Ollie Persey, Barrister at Garden Court Chambers and former co-chair of YLAL
- Nadia Salam, solicitor-advocate practising in family law and long-term YLAL member
- Poppy Bourke, Solicitor, Hammersmith & Fulham Law Centre and YLAL member
- Anna Morris KC, Garden Court North Chambers and former YLAL Committee member.
The event will be held online, from 5:00-6:30pm on 28 September 2023.
When: 28 Sep 2023
Start time: 17:00
End time: 18:30