Date / time
29 Jun 2017
5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
Garden Court North Chambers’ Crime Team is pleased to be hosting a seminar in partnership with Keith Borer Consultants on two key areas of forensic science and its application to criminal law.
Speaking on behalf of Keith Borer Consultants we will have:
- Dr Duncan Woods, chief scientist
– As a forensic biologist Dr Woods will present an update on DNA evidence, focussing on bias in interpretation of SFR1 reports in DNA evidence and illustrating with case examples.
- Simon Bunter, fingerprint specialist
– As a fingerprint expert who specialises in the identification of fingerprints and establishing whether errors have been made, Mr Bunter will demonstrate how cognitive bias has been shown to adversely affect fingerprint experts causing errors and exaggerated results in fingerprint evidence;
– He will also illustrate case studies where experts have made a correct identification but the prosecution have incorrectly interpreted the evidence in the context of the case.
The session will be chaired by Garden Court North Chambers’ Mark George QC. A food and drinks reception will follow at 7pm – weather permitting we might be able to enjoy a drink in our beautiful roof top garden!
Booking information: Tickets are £35.00 plus VAT. Price includes materials, food and refreshments. We expect interest to be high and would advise early booking. To secure your place please clickhere.