Please join Garden Court Chambers, in conjunction with Garden Court North Chambers, for a seminar in Manchester on family law in a global age.
The seminar will cover:
- Immigration and nationality issues in children cases – providing guidance on how to protect children and their carers with uncertain status and alert practitioners to some of the common misperceptions in current practice;
- International surrogacy – to provide an overview of the key issues in international surrogacy, looking at obtaining passports and travel documents for the children; questions of domicile and the appropriate family jurisdiction; obtaining family orders in the UK and getting permission to bring surrogate children into, or to remove them permanently from, the UK; and
- Relocation – how to oppose a relocation and win. A practical look at the issues for relocation and how to successfully oppose an application.
- Natalie Wilkins, Garden Court North Chambers;
- Mai-Ling Savage, Garden Court Chambers;
- James Holmes, Garden Court Chambers; and
- Lyndsey Sambrooks-Wright, Garden Court Chambers (Chair).
Drinks and canapés will be served after the seminar for which we hope you will join us.