Great Expectations – Parole in 2016 and Beyond
Wednesday 30th November 2016 – 12pm to 3pm
Garden Court North Chambers, 3rd Floor, Blackfriars House, Parsonage
Manchester, M3 2JA
Click here book a place at the event.
Great Expectations is the first in a series of seminars presented by Andrew Sperling and SL5.
The cost of this event is just £40 per person.
This seminar is held in conjunction with The Association of Prison Lawyers and Garden Court North Chambers.
The Parole Board will be fifty years old in 2017. A new Chairman, Nick Hardwick and CEO, Martin Jones, were appointed earlier this year. New members are being recruited for the first time in five years.
- What does the future of the Parole Board look like?
- What expectations should prisoners and the public have for the Parole Board?
Great Expectations will be a forward-looking discussion event with expert speakers from a range of different backgrounds:
- Nick Hardwick and Martin Jones from the Parole Board
- Pete Weatherby QC – Garden Court North Chambers
- Matthew Stanbury – Garden Court North Chambers
- Jackie Craissati (Consultant Clinical & Forensic Psychologist, Psychological Approaches CIC) & Paula Harriott (Head of Involvement, Revolving Doors)
This event has been organised by Andrew Sperling (SL5) and the Association of Prison Lawyers.
Andrew Sperling is a Legal and Policy Consultant and Parole Specialist. He was a founder member of the APL and APL Chair between 2010-2013. He was commissioned by the Parole Board to work on governance and stakeholder projects during 2014 and 2015.
When: 30 Nov 2016
Start time: 12:00
End time: 15:00