Lucy Mair of our Immigration and Asylum team will be speaking at Liverpool Law School’s anti-trafficking event – Lawyering in the Anti-Trafficking Space: Insights from Legal Practice and Research.
This event will focus on the role of lawyers who represent victims and survivors of trafficking and modern slavery. It will provide a forum to hear insights from both research and legal practice about the reality of lawyering in this sector.
- Dame Sara Thornton – University of Nottingham’s Rights Lab and former Independent Anti-Slavery Commissioner
- Kate Elsayed-Ali – Policy Manager of the Anti-Trafficking and Labour Exploitation Unit (ATLEU)
- Dr Samantha Currie – University of Liverpool
- Lucy Mair – Garden Court North Chambers
- Philippa Southwell – Managing Director of Southwell & Partners
- Johanna Bezzano – Liverpool Law Clinic.
Register for the event here.
When: 24 Feb 2023
Start time: 14:00
End time: 16:30