International Women’s Day: Celebrating Women in Law
7 March 2022
To mark International Women’s Day, Lucy Mair, from our Immigration and Asylum team, has chaired a discussion – Celebrating Women in Law – organised by the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association (ILPA).
The discussion touched upon:
- the panellists’ journeys to their legal careers;
- to what extent gender discrimination and particularly discrimination against women of colour prevails in the legal sector;
- the role of mentorship and promoting women in leadership roles, with women still comprising a significant minority of partners in law firms, QCs and judges.
Lucy was joined by:
- I. Stephanie Boyce, President at The Law Society, Trustee at LawWorks and member of the Transforming Women’s Leadership in the Law Advisory Board
- Miglena Ilieva, Senior Solicitor and PSL Team Manager at Laura Devine Immigration and Co-convenor of the ILPA Professional Support Lawyers Network
- Sameera Abdulrehman, Trainee Solicitor at Kingsley Napley LLP
- Sally Penni MBE, Founder of Women in UK Law.