Garden Court North Chambers seeks to recruit new tenants in two ways. First, from time to time we hold advertised recruitment rounds to which anyone who meets the advertised criteria is welcome to apply.
We are currently recruiting for experienced immigration law practitioners. Please click on this link for details: Immigration Tenancy Vacancy.
Second, outside of any advertised recruitment rounds, Chambers welcomes applications for tenancy from candidates who meet the criteria of our Exceptional Candidate Policy.
In order to meet those criteria, you will have to demonstrate the following:
- The ability to grasp complex issues and concepts and think on your feet;
- The ability to present clear, concise and logical arguments and express yourself confidently and articulately;
- Previous experience of and interest in one or more areas of law in which Chambers specialises;
- Knowledge of current legal issues and recent changes in the law of one or more of the areas in which Chambers specialises;
- Commitment to Chambers’ founding principles and working with and for those who are disadvantaged by poverty and discrimination; and
- That you are an established practitioner who has a good practice which would be likely to continue if you became a tenant at Chambers or that you are an outstanding applicant without a current practice (that is one who is at the start of his or her practice, or has relevant experience in a different part of this jurisdiction, another jurisdiction, or other legal discipline) and who is very likely to build a thriving practice as a tenant in these Chambers within a reasonable period of time.
If you wish to apply for tenancy under the Exceptional Candidate Procedure please email your CV and a covering letter in confidence to our Chambers Director, Sarah Wright, at firstname.lastname@example.org.